Thursday, July 24, 2014

HOW TO TURN A MID-LIFE CRISIS INTO A MILLION-DOLLAR BUSINESS

I just saw this lovely blog post on "Fast Company"  and loved it:
HOW TO TURN A MID-LIFE CRISIS INTO A MILLION-DOLLAR BUSINESS


Photo by Grant Cochrane
How very often we find ourselves in the "I am my career" prison- what I have done I will always do, my profession defines me. That's it. I'm stuck.
But you are not! So long as you have the courage, determination and drive to take responsibility of YOUR life you can use so many tools, experiences and social interaction to open up those "mental chakras" and begin seeing what you never have seen before.
In this case, a  39 year old (is 30 mid-life? Wow, what does that make me, "after life"?) successful software engineer made the courageous change to say "no" to something that just made her money without any passion. She said "yes" to putting on a backpack and travelling the world. One thing led to the next---love of food---health orientation and then- a totally new business idea: "Love With Food". An online subscription box company that offers organic or all-natural snacks for $10 or $19.95 a month, Love With Food launched as a solo venture in 2011. The next year Ong’s startup raked in $250,000 in revenue. Love With Food is now up to $2 million, has 15 employees, and growing fast."
Do you feel like going out there and doing the same? Do you feel that you could also find that "missing link" in your professional life if only….if only you could put on that "backpack" and let freedom ring the creativity bell?
I know this route quite well. Have been there before and have accompanied quite a few others as a coach on that route.
Does this ring a bell? There are times that one need not wait for the bell to ring but one needs to get out there and ring them oneself!....

No comments:

Post a Comment