Saturday, March 4, 2017

Problems and Opportunities

"Inside of every problem lies an opportunity." – Robert Kiyosaki
I remember when I was young that I asked my father what the word "intelligence" was, his answer was something that he said he had once heard from a college professor: "Intelligence is the ability to solve problems." I don't know how about this definition but I do know that there are various kinds of intelligence and each of them works differently.
I also know that there are umpteen different kinds of problems and each of them causes us to think of what to do about them.
Thus, it is clear that problems can create opportunity for growth as we try to solve them.
From here it is just a stone's throw away to see that a problem is not really something to fear, run away, avoid looking at, rather it is a challenge to find the opportunity inside.


I realize that this is a bit abstract for many people. 
For others it seems "impractical" and unnecessarily philosophical.
I disagree. I feel that learning to live, deal with, grow from and leverage problems is a great skill to develop. I am not sure I have it down quite yet but I am working on it. And by working on it we are already doing something to solve the problem, thus helping ourselves "grow into it".
Pretty cool if you ask me…

No comments:

Post a Comment