Tuesday, October 29, 2013

And at times a Mastermind member needs to take a break…

Recently I received an e mail from one of the CEOs in the veteran DunetzMastermind group which I founded and have been running, now in its eighth consecutive year…
Parting is always difficult, but here is a way one of the other veteran CEO members put it in a return e mail: "…It was a pleasure having you with us and I believe that it will also be so in the future. In any case, he who enters our group is there forever, he can't leave, he just doesn't show up to the meetings."

I think this says it all..
--------------------------------------

Dear friends,

It has been more than 2 years that I have been with you, two very significant years from my point of view.
After serving for 17 years in one place of work- rising to the position of a CEO of one of the corporation's subsidiaries, I found myself at a junction in my career, one in which I needed to make important decisions regarding my future path.

This group, the environment, this extraordinary group of people influenced me greatly over the last two years.
I found in this group a very heterogeneous mix of individual managers and business owners, some of whom may have very different views about certain subjects, who together, helped by superb and sensitive facilitation and management, offer a feeling of stability to each other.
I found myself sharing dilemmas and issues about 3-4 times during my period here, each time I was totally overwhelmed: by the openness of members, about the degree in which I was eager to share and open things up, and of course it goes without saying- what people had to say about it all.
I must say that I heard more than my share of "pearls of wisdom" that I am using today on a day to day basis.

Life takes us all on journeys to all kinds of places, I find myself today needed a break in the action.

I would like to thank each and every one of you that I was privileged enough to be a member of your group.

A special thanks to Ronnie, the mentor, the facilitator, the one whose hand steers and conducts it all. At times, he needs to discipline us when we revert to "misbehaving children" but he is always there to successfully bring us back to focus.

We shall meet again soon, all the best ahead."

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment